This site is privately owned and is neither affiliated with, nor endorsed by, nor operated by any government agency.

Food Stamps

Starkville Food Stamp Program

If you have been seeking information about how to get food stamps in Starkville but you are uncertain of the process or some of the information that you may need in order to apply, here is everything that you may need to know in order to expedite the process.

Where Can I Register for the Snap Food Stamp Program in Starkville, MS?

Those who are interested in applying for food stamps can find information at the site listed in the links below. It is generally handled in person at an office for the Department of Health Services within the area. Although applications are available online for download, they are to only be mailed in, faxed, or submitted in person.

What Documents Do I need for the Application?

Individuals must be able to pass income and asset tests in order to be considered for assistance. For your application, you will need information about your income, social security number, any benefits you may be receiving, the social security numbers and birthdays of the people living in your household, and proof of your identification and residence. If there is anyone in your household who is receiving benefits such as disability, you will also have to provide this information during the application process or at the interview.

Do I Have to Provide Information on Everyone Living at the Address?

Generally, you will need to provide information about anyone else who may be living at your address, whether they are within your family or not. In most cases, you will need information such as their social security and some basic info about how much money they contribute to your living arrangements.

Is the Interview Face to Face and How Many Interviews are There?

The interview is generally handled face to face and there is only one interview. If you are unable to come in for an interview, a case worker may contact you to schedule the interview over the phone so that you can still be eligible for assistance.

How Do I Add or Remove a Person Including Infants and Children?

If you need to add or remove a person for your food stamp program account, this should ideally be done at the beginning when you are applying for assistance. If you discover that you need to add or remove someone in the future, this can be done by getting in contact with your case worker and providing them with any necessary information.

When Do I Need to Update the Case Worker?

If any changes to your situation occur, such as changing jobs, finding a job, gaining more salary or income, or if you find that you no longer need to use the food stamp program any longer, then you should update your case worker as soon as possible. The change must be reported by the 10th of the month that the change occurred. You can notify the case worker of these changes through fax, phone, or in person at a local department.

Helpful Links and Phone Numbers

Local Snaps Office: 1-800-948-3050 (601) 359-4419